Volunteering near you
We’ve put together a list of the latest volunteer opportunities in Hackney. Whatever your availability and interests, you can make a difference.
📚 Help adults in Hackney to read, supporting them to reach their full potential with Adult Literacy Trust.
- No teaching experience or qualifications required, training provided.
- You can become a mini jobs volunteer with Hackney Migrant Centre – from collecting chickens for local shelters to setting up and packing down events, these bite-sized opportunities allow you to make a difference in just a few hours.
✡️ Develop your leadership skills as a Trustee at Chizuk, a mental health charity that supports Orthodox Jewish users.
- You’d be part of team meeting a few times a year to make key decisions.
- Through volunteering, you can help a Disability Sports coach run sessions for people with disabilities. The time commitment’s flexible and volunteers of all ages and abilities are welcome.
🌈 Make a difference to a young LGBT+ person’s life with East London Out Project.
- For just an hour a week, you’d become a role model and create a safe space for a young LGBT+ person of colour. There are also roles for trans or non-binary mentors, as well as for LGBTQ+ people of faith.
- All you need is your life experience – all training and support provided, and you can volunteer online or in person.
- For a couple of hours a week, you’d be part of Family Action’s Social Prescribing team, helping people access resources to help improve health their and wellbeing. More information
- Volunteer with Jamboulay Carnival Arts Promotion on their summer camp – you’d need to be around for a few days in August and one in September.
- You’d be helping to beat poverty and fight climate change. Travel and lunch expenses covered.
Looking for something else? Find more volunteer opportunities on VCConnect.