Save the Date
It’s January, and let’s face it, we could all do with a little pick me up! Brighten your day by coming to one of our free events.
This month at Volunteer Centre Hackney, we have not one, but two fantastic events coming up where you can find out more about volunteering locally:
City & Hackney Health and Wellbeing Event
- 📅 Thursday 25 January, 1-5 pm
- 📍 Hackney Town Hall, Mare Street, E8 1EA
Come along to find out more about volunteering in Hackney. Our friendly team will be there to share info about hundreds of different volunteering opportunities, and will be joined by some amazing organisations (listed below). You can also get Housing Advice and Support, Mental Health Support, Carer’s Support, Covid and Flu Vaccinations, and Health Checks.
These organisations will be there:
- African Community School – provides education and skills based training
- Amurt – works with local communities to relieve suffering and empower people to lead happy, healthy, and environmentally sustainable lives
- Arising Tutoring – education programmes for young disadvantaged students
- KEEN – activities for children with additional needs and disabilities
- Read Easy – helps adults to read
- St Joseph’s Hospice – palliative care for people with life limiting illness
- XLP – works with young people from disadvantaged backgrounds, supporting them to avoid anti-social behaviour with mentoring, employability, community youth work, sports and the arts
VCH Pop-up at CLR James Library
- 📅 Thursday 31January, 11:30am-1pm
- 📍 CLR James Library, Dalston Square, E8 3BQ
We’ll be in the CLR James Library foyer over lunchtime – pop by and chat to our team to find out how you can get involved in volunteering locally. You might be interested in working with schools, faith-based volunteering, something manual, building your CV, or anything in between. Even if you only have an hour a month, we can help you make a difference, learn new skills, and have fun through volunteering.