The Aim Higher programme supports people living in Hackney who are not working to access paid and voluntary employment opportunities, education and training.
We can offer you:
- An advisor who will provide 1-1 guidance on effective job search skills.
- Help with creating a professional CV and cover letter to attract employers.
- Individual guidance on career options, goal setting and action planning.
- Support to create an email account and/or register onto Universal Jobsmatch.
- Opportunities to improve your employability skills (e.g. completing job application forms and interview techniques).
- Help in addressing your personal barriers to work (if required).
- Access to voluntary work opportunities to gain more work experience (if needed)
- Support from your advisor in finding and starting courses.
- Access to job vacancies in a variety of sectors.
- ‘In-work’ support from your advisor when you find work for up to 26 weeks.
Key Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the programme, residents must meet the following criteria:
- Have evidence of the right to work in the UK
- Unemployed more than 12 months continuously (if over 25 years old).
- Not on the Work Programme or any other mainstream programme.
- Be either, not registered unemployed and not receiving benefits, OR
- Registered as unemployed and claiming JSA, Universal Credit or ESA.
Referrals can be made through your Hackney Jobcentre Plus adviser or directly to the Volunteer Centre by contacting Aim Higher Programme Manager Liam Curtayne on 020 7241 4443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aim Higher receives funding from the European Social Fund and the London Councils Grants Committee.
We work in partnership with Jobcentres, Children’s Centres, East London Business Alliance, Hackney Council Employment Service (Ways into Work), Mental Health Employment Network, Women Like Us, disability charities, Disability Employment Services and many local employers.