INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY 2023
‘To #EmbraceEquity means believing we don’t all start from the same place so treating everyone the same isn’t fair’
~ Women’s Day
International Women’s Day celebrates women’s achievements, and looks to create a gender-equal world.
This year’s focus is #EmbraceEquity – for everyone to reach the same outcome, people need different resources and opportunities depending on their situation.
Women’s groups are a great example of equity: they can provide women with a safe space, community, and the chance to support each other. They can also be joyful spaces and a key way to help other women thrive!
We’ve put together a list of fantastic organisations where you can volunteer to empower women and girls across Hackney:
- Activity Leader with Girls Friendly Society (GFS)
- Cooking at Women’s Shelter with Hackney Doorways
- Maternity Mate with Women’s Health and Family Service
- Ladies Exercise Coach with Volunteer Centre Hackney
- Overnight Volunteer at Women’s Shelter with Hackney Doorways
- Women’s mutual coaching community session leader/organiser with Newington Green Alliance
You can find the full list of roles, including these, on VC Connect. Can’t find a role you’re interested in? Call our Brokerage team who can help you find your ideal match on 020 7241 4443.