Free Tree of Life workshops: Build Your Power
This spring, join us for Tree of Life narrative therapy workshops, an approach that makes space for you to speak about your life in a way that is full of hope and builds a sense of personal and collective power.
The approach uses different parts of a tree as metaphors to enable you to reflect on and explore your past, your strengths and skills, hopes and dreams and the special people in your life. It focuses on the strengths that have enabled you to cope with difficulties in your past and that will continue to help you to overcome challenges and to reach your goals for the future.
Reflecting on your experiences with others, you can learn from each other and realise what your own journey has involved. This may help you to:
- Identify strengths that have helped you cope with what has been difficult in your life
- Learn new coping skills from others
- Increase your confidence and self esteem
- Feel more connected to others and build a sense of personal and collective power
The group will run over two consecutive days, dates tbc from 10am-3pm with a break for lunch. Lunch will be provided. You are also welcome to come for breakfast from 9am.To gain the maximum therapeutic benefit, you should try to attend both sessions from beginning to end.
Tree of Life is:
- A safe space for members to share their experiences, using metaphors to explore the meaning and content of their experiences
- Non-judgemental, based on mutual respect, empathy and acceptance
- A supportive social network, embracing the diversity of views and experiences
- Voluntary and confidential
Tree of Life is not:
- A treatment group
- A place to pathologies or medicalise people’s thoughts and feelings
When: Dates tbc, 10am – 3pm (breakfast from 9am)
Where: Our Place, 1 Alpine Grove, E9 7SX
Cost: Free, incl. lunch which is provided.
How to book: Please register your interest using this online form bit.ly/ourplaceTOL or get in touch with Martha on 07838 211357 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information.
Please note, places are limited so please make sure you get in touch as soon possible.