Do you love volunteering? Tell someone about it!
Volunteer Centre Hackney wants to spread the word about how people can get involved in their communities and the difference it can make to your life – and the lives of others. You can help us spread the word and share your passion for volunteering in several different ways.
- Download and print our A4 Poster and put a copy up in your local shop, community centre, school or other social venue.
- Download and print our VCH Flyer to give to friends, family or colleagues
- Share your stories or photos of volunteering on social media using the #volunteerhackney hashtag. You could share why you chose to volunteer, what you do or what you get out of volunteering. Make sure mention the organisation you volunteer at, and please tag @VCHackney in your message or image. Some examples could be:
- I’m helping children learn to read #volunteerhackney @YourOrganisation
- I was new to Hackney, but volunteering helped me become part of the community #volunteerhackney @YourOrganisation @VCHackney
- Volunteering’s a great confidence boost! #volunteerhackney @YourOrganisation
- Become a VCH Outreach and Engagement Volunteer, and attend events, talks and workshops to talk to residents about volunteering and share your experiences (full training given). Read more about the role and apply here.
There are outreach roles for many other local charities too, just go to the Opportunity Search and type ‘Outreach’ in the Keyword field.
We’re looking forward to discovering more about your volunteering stories, and helping more people volunteer in Hackney.